About usAbout us
The Fundamental Philosophy Japan Cord Foundation (JSCF)
- To aim at the liberation from paralysis, and to promote the improvement of medical care concerning spinal cord injuries.
- To aim at the realisation of a society where spinal cord injured persons can establish a life with independence and self esteem regardless of the severity of their disabilities.
- To remove all barriers, to enable every spinal cord injured person to take part in social activities to fully utilise his personal abilities.
Promotion of medical research concerning spinal cord injuries
- Financial support for research into the regeneration of damaged spinal cords.
- Co-operation and financial support for the research into treatment, care and rehabilitation concerning spinal cord injuries.
- Financial support for the research into the development of care systems based in local communities.
Establishment and operation of a comprehensive spinal cord information centre
- Creation and supply of the database for the following information: Medical institutions / Care technology / Welfare equipment / Welfare system / Medical care & Medical science, etc.
- Construction of a support system (to provide counselling and assistance for self- fulfillment ) for spinal cord- injured persons.
- Training and despatch of rehabilitation co-ordinators for spinal cord- injured persons.
- Promotion of cultural and sporting activities for spinal cord injured persons.
- Education and enlightenment on spinal cord injury.
- Prevention of occurrence of new cases of spinal cord injury.